Auto parts manufacturers in the US have witnessed significant growth over the recent years, thanks to the fact that the US remains one of the world’s largest contributors to the global automotive market. According to recent figures obtained by BizVibe, the overall auto parts market in the US has surpassed US$70 billion in revenue since 2016. 70% of auto parts production was for OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) products and the remaining 30% is for aftermarket car parts. Many leading auto parts manufacturers and suppliers in the US have really benefited from great success because of these recent trends — especially US tire manufacturers, where exports reached $4.48 billion in 2016. Here is a list of the top 10 automobile parts manufacturing companies in the US.
Top 10 auto parts manufacturers in the US
Dana Inc. 6B
Dana Incorporated is one of the largest American worldwide suppliers of drivetrain, sealing, and thermal-management technologies for auto industry. Founded in 1904 and headquartered in Maumee, Ohio, the company employs more than 23,000 people in 25 countries. Dana Incorporated products have helped to drive history’s greatest vehicles – from the Model T and the World War II-era Jeep®, to London taxicabs, 18-wheel rigs, giant earth-moving machines, and every car on the NASCAR® racing circuit.
Lear Corporation is ranked #151 on the Fortune 500 with world-class products designed, engineered and manufactured by a diverse team of talented employees. As a leading supplier of automotive seating and electrical, Lear serves its customers with global capabilities while maintaining individual commitment. With headquarters in Southfield, Michigan, Lear maintains 257 locations in 38 countries around the globe and employs approximately 156,000 employees.
Tenneco is one of the world’s leading auto parts manufacturers and distributors of Clean Air and Ride Performance products and technology solutions for diversified markets, including light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway equipment and the aftermarket. Headquartered in Lake Forest, Illinois, Tenneco has 31,000 employees working in 91 manufacturing facilities and 15 engineering and technical centres around the world.
BorgWarner Inc. is one of the largest components and parts suppliers in the global automotive industry. It is primarily known for its automotive powertrain products for light vehicles, medium & heavy-duty vehicles, off-Highway, and aftermarket. BorgWarner has now over 27,000 employees working in its 62 facilities in 17 countries.
Visteon Corporation is a leading global automotive supplier that designs, engineers and manufactures innovative electronic products, especially automotive cockpit electronics for vehicle manufacturers. Visteon supplies its products to many world’s largest car brands, including Ford, Renault/Nissan, Mazda, BMW, GM, Honda, PSA, JLR, VW, Daimler and others.
Must Read: Top 10 Auto Parts Manufacturers in India
American Axle & Manufacturing
American Axle & Manufacturing is one of the top global leaders in designing, engineering, validation and manufacturing of automobile driveline, drivetrain components and systems for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. AAM has over 25,000 associates operating at more than 90 facilities in 17 countries.
Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company
The Goodyaar Tire & Rubber Company is one the world’s largest and American multinational tire manufacturing companies, founded in 1898 and based in Akron, Ohio. In addition to Goodyear-brand tires, the company also produces other well-respected international brand names, including Dunlop, Kelly, Fulda, Sava and Debica, and its non-tire business provides rubber products and polymers for a variety of markets.
Cooper Tire & Rubber Company
Cooper Tire & Rubber Company is one of the largest American auto tire companies that specializes in the design, manufacture, marketing and sales of replacement automobile and truck tires for passenger car, medium truck, motorcycle and racing cars.
Standard Motor Products
Established in 1919 and traded on the NYSE, Standard Motor Products, Inc., is a leading independent manufacturer, distributor, and marketer of replacement parts for motor vehicles in the automotive aftermarket industry, with an increasing focus on the original equipment and original equipment service markets.
Accuride Corporation, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is a leading manufacturer and supplier of wheels and wheel-end components to the North American and European commercial vehicle markets. Its products include steel and aluminum commercial vehicle wheels and wheel-end components and assemblies.
With the current trend of auto parts industry growth rate in the USA, which new companies do you think will break into the US automobile parts manufacturing companies list for 2018?