Simplify B2B Networking
The UK food and beverage industry is continuing to grow at a healthy pace despite worries about Brexit’s effect on success and profits. This industry is one of the largest manufacturing sectors in the UK, with annual turnover exceeding GBP 95.4 billion. Food manufacturing companies and suppliers in this region are increasingly investing in research and development and turning to innovation to increase revenue and sales. Here is BizVibe’s list of the top 10 UK food and beverage manufacturers:
1.Mars: In the UK, Mars operates as Mars Food UK Limited and has headquarters in Slough, Berkshire. The company offers food and beverage products under more than 40 different brands, including Orbit, Skittles, Mars Drinks, Altoids, Bounty, Celebrations, and Snickers.
2. Unilever: The company’s food and drink product portfolio—offered under the Unilever Food Solutions business segment—includes soups, sauces, noodles, ready-made meals, spreads and cooking fats, ice creams, and other products under 14 brand names. Unilever recently rejected a takeover bid worth GBP 115 billion from Kraft Heinz.
3. Diageo PLC: The company is a major producer of alcohol beverages, especially beer, and is one of the world’s largest distillers. Its brands include Smirnoff, Johnnie Walker, Bailey’s, and Guinness. The company is headquarted in London, the United Kingdom, and its pre-tax profits at the end of 2016 amounted to almost GBP 3 billion.
4. Associated British Foods PLC: The company operates in five segments, which are Sugar, Agriculture, Retail, Grocery, and Ingredients. The company was founded in 1935 and is headquartered in London, the United Kingdom. Its food and drink offerings include hot beverages, sugar and sweeteners, vegetable oils, bread and baked goods, cereals, ethnic foods, herbs and spices, and meat
5. ABP Food Group: The company offers beef, lamb, and sausage products to customers around the world and is one of the UK’s and Europe’s leading food processors. ABP Food Group specializes in de-boning, beef processing, and retail packaging. It offers its products under the Scotch Prime Export, Surrey Farm, Herdsman, Dorset Crown, Wessex Foods, and Debbie & Andrew’s brand names.
6. United Biscuits: The company manufactures and distributes biscuits, savory snacks, and chilled and frozen foods through its subsidiaries. Its pre-tax profits at the end of 2016 totalled more than GBP 105 million. It offers its products under the McVitie’s, Jacob’s, go ahead!, Carr’s, Verkdale, BN, Sultana, Crawford’s, and Haansbro brands.
7. Noble Foods: The company supplies eggs and egg products (including shell eggs, as well as scrambled, boiled, and liquid eggs), desserts, animal feeds, and poultry products (including hens, chickens, and boiler breeders) to retailers and customers in the UK. The company was founded in 1920.
8. Lakeland Dairies: Lakeland offers a variety of dairy products, including skim, fat-filled, and full cream milk powders; purified milk protein; dairy fats, including butter fat and cream; and ice cream and frozen yogurt. The company is headquartered in Ireland.
9. Moy Park: The company provides whole chickens, portions, deboned thighs, fillets and mini fillets, ingredients, and livers; turkeys; cooked whole birds, marinated chicken, snacking products, and cooked sliced meats; and nuggets and goujons, chicken kievs, steaks and patties to retailers, restaurant chains, and foodservice providers in the UK and continental Europe.
10. Premier Foods PLC: The company employs more than 4,000 people in 14 sites across Britain. It offers a wide range of bakery and other food products, including bread, cakes, baking products, spreads and preserves, convenience foods, desserts, cooking sauces, stocks, gravies, pies, pickles, condiments, table sauces, salt, and stuffings.
Thousands of leading UK food and beverage manufacturers can be in your contact list if you join BizVibe today. Whether you are looking for reliable suppliers, top food and drink manufacturers, wholesalers and potential customers in over 70 countries, or want to find out what your competitors are buying and which suppliers they’re using, BizVibe can help you reach out to sales prospects and decision-makers across the globe.